October 31, 2013

By the Time You Read This I'll be Dead Book Review by Azure

By the Time You Read This I’ll be Dead is a deep with feeling. The book was written by Julie Anne Peters. In the book there is a young teenager who wants to pursue her death in perfection. My personal opinion on the book is I loved it.
After many suicide attempts Daelyn is sure to get it right. When she finds a website for completers-people who execute suicide with perfection, she is determined for death in twenty three days. With every change of school the same suffering is still there. With this new move Daelyn meets a boy a charming boy with the name of Santana. Isn’t it too late for Daelyn to be letting people in her life now?
I personally believe this is an excellent book. I prefer books written in 1st person, with knowing that this book did persuade me. I like how Peters keeps you on edge. She keeps you hanging at the end of the chapters, tries and makes you think as if you are Daelyn. I love how the author became Daelyn. She would make it seem as though you were in Daelyn’s head; you knew what she was thinking. How Daelyn actually felt about the situation but what she did not say or do to change the situation; she just dealt. I loved how this book portrayed the teen view. The author did an excellent job of making it sound like she was a suicidal fifteen year old female instead of a middle aged woman trying to be a teen again. This book made me grow emotions for Daelyn it made you feel and hurt. The author was great at describing you could almost see and feel the suffering of the character.
If I had to say anything bad about this book, it would be that it is very depressing. You want to jump into Daelyn’s life and be there for her. You want the character to know there is other ways out and that this is not a needed procedure to be at peace with yourself. You feel bad for the girl that is suffering and you want to help her, make it stop, hurt the people that did this to her. Then you also have to remember it is just a book and a very good one at that.
I believe that this book deserves 5 stars. I would personally read it again. I believe the book has a great message to it and really opens your eyes to the world, and reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment