September 19, 2013

Someone Else Life Book Review by Yessica


“Someone Else’s Life” is a great book written by Katie Dale.  I believe none of us would really know how quite we would react if we found out our whole life is basically a lie.  This book does that for us, it puts us in the shoes of almost every character especially the main character named Rosie.   We are able to see how tragic her life and the people that surround her turn out when the truth is revealed.
Rosie is a young girl who is done with high school and like many of us can’t decide what to do with her life.  Yet, there are things that differentiate her dad died when she was young and her mom dies from a rare disease known as Huntington’s.  For the past years she had watched her mom slowly die and feared that she would too have this disease since it’s hereditary.   She had a 50% chance of having this disease until one day a family friend reveals the truth and turns that 50% to 0% by revealing the truth.  That the mom she saw die wasn't her real mom therefor; there was no way she was going to get it.  With her boyfriend this girl Rosie goes out to find her real mother, only to find out her mom wants nothing to do with her.  She finds more than her real mom, she also find her non biological moms real daughter.  At this point she has to decide to either go back home and just live with her life or to reveal the truth.  To reveal a truth about a deadly disease that this young girl might have and destroy not only her, but her family too.
Personally I really enjoyed this book and I’m very picky when it comes to liking book.  It had a lot of suspense which I think is a must because it makes you want to keep reading.  It was also very informative about this disease I didn't even know existed, so I learned a lot.  I also loved that it has a lot of twists and it narrated from two different characters.  It kept me guessing to what the outcome would be, but I got surprised every time.  As I had said before the author does a great job great a scenario, it makes us feel like we as a reader are part of the story?  The only thing I would have like better would be a more detailed ending.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes reading especially books that have conflict and lots of emotion.  I’m sure a lot of people would be able to connect to it, for example I had a connection because I love traveling and so did the characters and I have a mom with cancer so I know what it’s like to have someone you love ill.  I would give this book a big five ***** because I highly enjoyed and really recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment