August 15, 2013

Living Dead Girl Book Review by Tricia S


I read the Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. I really liked the book it was intense and a page turner.
At ten years old, Alice, was kidnapped by a man named Ray. Throughout the 5 years, she has been sexually abused and tortured. Now, Ray wants a new girl to “play” with and wants Alice to find her for him. Alice will do anything to be free from him, even put a little girl in her shoes. The end is bittersweet, and Alice finally gets the freedom she’s been wanting all along.
The book was great and right away gets your attention. The first sentence, “Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.” Instantly makes you want to find out what happened to this little girl. I like the way Alice told her story and it really surprised me throughout the whole book on how she wouldn't just leave and tell the cops what was happening. Alice knew where Ray was and she could have led the cops to him and they could have put him away without the harm of her family. When I read books like this I love the feeling and thought of what would I do in this situation? Feeling helpless and alone made me connect with other situations I have been through in my life and my friends and her story really touched me. 
I would recommend this book to anyone. The Living Dead Girl really pulls you in with every word and Alice’s story is very interesting and I love the suspense of the story. I rate this book a 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment